Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crown for broken tooth shard?

Hello,





Recently I found a shard of broken tooth in my mouth, very small... So I went to the dentist, and he did a series of fillings, none of which soothed the pain in my teeth, my dentist said that I grind at night and crushed the teeth, he doesn%26#039;t really know if its really fractured(he just says that its most likely that), and he said that I should get a temp crown. It is pretty painful, but the teeth is still perfectly intact, is there another way?

Crown for broken tooth shard?
If you are a grinder, has he not suggested getting a night guard?????


To put crown on a tooth that is possibly fractured is like putting the cart before the horse. If the tooth is fractured it could either:


A) need a root canal- if the fracture gets close to the nerve


B) mean the tooth is not salvageable depending on how severe the crack is.


An xray would not show the crack


If he took the tooth out of occlusion first (reduced the bite) this may relieve the pain you have from grinding. (If the fracture is small and has nothing to do with the nerve)


Yes, you are wearing away your cusps of your teeth by grinding and I am surprised he is not looking for a way to help you retain ALL of your teeth from further damage.


Good luck!



city opera

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that a very great piece of information shared from your side. I appreciate your efforts taken for the same. Thanks for sharing the most valuable information.I will share with my friends.
    http://www.smartchoicelab.com

    ReplyDelete