Thursday, April 16, 2009

My NHS dentist fitted 2 oversized bridges 1st cracked/lost 2nd broke teeth below. Distraught where do I turn?

After 1st bridge refitted due gum recession, was told to wait a month to affect oversize it only lasted 2 weeks. Asked for implant referral was sent dental hospital on 6 month waiting list were they don’t offer implants and they said referral was for a plate. I had two ill fitting plates made at my dentist due huge loss. I went my dentist again as an abscess remarked on 9 months earlier swelled and caused great pain. I was given the strongest antibiotic made as over years of treatment antibiotics were issued at nearly every occasion. My 2nd bridge was loose and the temporary to final replacement put so much pressure on lower bridge another abscess was created. Shards of the removed bridge were found between my front teeth in the evening. The final fitting was postponed as the bridge was not correct to my dentist’s standards but it was fitted anyway as a temporary to be removed in two weeks. This one fitted well and left the promised correction to other work open. The final fitting was delayed as my dentist had a holiday but it still took an hour and a half of extreme effort to remove, the back of my head was numb for another hour. The bridge was as before oversized and eliminated possible correction to previous work. My panic at its destruction had me call at least six times over many months and despite the previous bridges fitting this one could not be reduced further. A plate was created to even the pressure and be worn while sleeping but when fitting was reduced too much and ineffective. I believed the lower bridge broken as it was loose and becoming worse but I was told not. A last emergency appointment of 3 weeks had me attend the dental clinic as an emergency. I had been waiting since February for an appointment as requested of my dentist but a phone call suggested neither 2 said attempts had been received. I had asked the receptionist if I could attend the hospital without referral she said no. The emergency’ option must have slipped her mind as had the hospital not offering implants though she did state a year later that I couldn’t afford it as reason for subterfuge. The correct implant referral was made after 13 months of my request, the price quadrupled. Decay to the area of the 2nd abscess and pressure to the bridge had broken it. The hospital does implants for car crash victims and extreme cases as a special case I can only hope my luck will change but I am in pain the bridge very loose as is are another three teeth and I need a root canal. My dentist capped every tooth over and over till they fell out. Then the rules changed payment was no longer on work done but on time taken like an hour and a halt to remove a temporary bridge. I have tried to change my dentist but as the shape of my mouth has been lost nobody wanted to know.

My NHS dentist fitted 2 oversized bridges 1st cracked/lost 2nd broke teeth below. Distraught where do I turn?
Unfortunately this is always a risk when you have bridgescrowns ect but they dont normally tell you. I unfortunately also had this problem. I think that you should go back to the same dentist and ask what he can do to help. Other then that you could try private treatment but that will be very expensive



mens health

No comments:

Post a Comment